Smartphone growth and usage are growing at an astronomical rate. We have been seeing modest growth for several years, but there was no clear data showing that adoption of smartphone usage was the majority. Well that changed in 2011, “The Year Mobile Took Over”. We are seeing in early 2012 that the marketers, brands and businesses are trying to quickly catch-up with the mobile consumer.
Today’s consumer is using smartphones to research goods, compare prices, receive discounts, get recommendations from friends and purchase goods. Being in front of your customer at the right time, at the right place right message and providing the right experience is crucial to gaining new customers and building loyalty.
Marketers are utilizing various digital medias to provide integrated consumer experiences to meet the consumer demand. During the 2012 OMMA Global Conference, marketers and brands from around the World met to discuss the current state of mobile and what the future holds. Below are a few quick highlights.
- By 2015, more people will be accessing the internet via mobile rather than computer.
- 70% of smartphone user have conducted in-store research on products
- Smartphones are a shopping assistant, Tablets are a retail purchasing device
- 15-20% of all US website traffic is from mobile devices (Smartphone & Tablets)
- HTML5 Mobile Apps are increasing in popularity
- Mobile Landing Pages are the most effective source of first touch with mobile consumer
IM Republic works with retailers, brands and startups to develop mobile strategies, create mobile content, develop mobile apps and market their product or service. If you would like to learn more, please contact us.