Asking “Why?” might seem like obvious question to ask when developing a new product, service or advertising campaign. BUT, how many of us ask it enough? It is truly unfortunate as innovation often times comes from asking “why?”. Asking proactive and inquiring questions allows us to push boundaries, clear assumptions and step over borders.
Asking “why?” leads you to:
- clearly define the product or service
- a developed lists of benchmarks and goals
- solve your consumers problems or needs
- become more efficient, streamline and effective
- create motivation for you, your team and your consumers
“Why?” is the most important question, not asked nearly enough.
Hint: “Because I said so,” is not a valid answer.
- Why does it work this way?
- Why is that our goal?
- Why did you say no?
- Why are we treating people differently?
- Why is this our policy?
- Why don’t we enter this market?
- Why did you change your mind?
- Why are we having this meeting?
- Why not?